Schedule & Key Dates
Students interested in receiving email communication regarding upcoming info sessions, deadlines and more can join the student e-mail list here.
- November 9, 2023: Fall Quarter Info Session | Session Recording
- February 22, 2024: Winter Quarter Info Session
- February 27, 2024: Business Entity Formation & University IP Workshop (Virtual)
- February 28, 2024: International Student Founders Office Hours (Virtual)
- March 6, 2024: Business Entity Formation Legal Office Hours (Virtual)
- March 15, 2024 - March 31, 2024: Application Period
- April 16, 2024: Semifinalists Announced
- April 17, 2024: Semifinalists Kickoff Meeting
- April 17, 2024 - May 17, 2024: Pitch Prep Program
- May 22, 2024: VentureCat Competition and Public Showcase
VentureCat 2024 Winter Quarter Info Session (In-Person)
Register to attend this in-person info session on Thursday, February 22 at The Garage from 5:15-6:15 PM to learn more about the program and competition, and how to best prepare to apply and compete!
Business Entity Formation, Founders’ Agreements, and University IP Policy Overview Session (Virtual)
On Tuesday, February 27, from 12:15-1:15pm, The Garage will host a virtual session with Professors Esther Barron and Darren Green, of the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center, to provide information about business entity formation options and founders' agreements.
Sarah Kamper, Invention Manager at INVO, Northwestern’s Innovation and New Ventures Office, will also share an overview of university policies related to creating IP as a student, students using University IP, and students using 3rd party IP, as well as steps required to ensure students are working in compliance with all University guidelines.
International Student Founder Office Hour Appointments (Virtual)
Attorney Lisa Scott, of Scott Global Migration Law Group, will host virtual one-on-one appointments to meet with students on Wednesday, February 28, 2024. These appointments are ideal for international student founders interested in learning about options for starting a business in the United States.
Business Entity Formation Legal Office Hours (Virtual)
Professor Darren Green, of the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center, will host virtual one-on-one appointments to meet with students on Wednesday, March 6, 2024. These appointments are ideal for student founders interested in learning more about business entity formation options and founders' agreements.
VentureCat Office Hours
Students interested in learning more about VentureCat, or who have questions about the rules, requirements, or application process can schedule a 1:1 appointment with VentureCat's program manager, Sarah Stein.
Office Hour Appointment Sign-Up